Sunday 13 September 2015

Design Team - Around the world in 80 days!


So for this month the wonderful people at Jones Crafts have given me the mission of using the new fab Scraps collections for my design team projects! 
Now in truth this is no real mission at all! The designs are so wonderful to work with it's a pleasure! 

So to start with... I've taken a sheet of dark cream 12x12 card stock...now this bit is completely optional.. But I wanted to be a little more frugal for this project so I've "gutted" my cardstock so I've got it to use for my layering a little later... So all I've done is drawn a border with a ruler just 1-1/2" in around all 4 sides and using my metal edged ruler and a knife I've cut out the centre.

Now for the fun part... Decorating our border!
Ok so confession time... At this stage you can see just how messy my table is! 
I've had a LONG day creating for my design team projects and upcoming lessons and the table has seen more than a few inky projects today! 

So back to it... As you can see I've distressed around the edge of my border with memento Potters clay ink, then using a Kaisercraft clear stamp - postmarks I've stamped randomly, overlapping in places, all over my border! 

For the next level I've cut down my sheet of. - British stripe c73 006 to a  10" square and stuck it over the top of my border.

Now for the next level of decorations I've taken 3 sheets - 
Paris c73 001
Britain c73 005
America c73 007 
Then cut a 2 inch vertical strip from each one.. Then cut the base of the strip in to a inverted v 
Next up, I've distressed around all pieces with memento Potters clay. 

I've then staggered my 3 strips overlapping them and gluing them over the top of my page. 

Now on to the cords... So all the way down the right hand side of the page I've glued on a twisted twine cord. After this I've used a thin twine and pierced my page 4 times at the top of the border and then wrapped the cord around the base and back through the holes, gluing them down on the back, I've also done this just once on the top left side of the page to continue the theme. 

Now for the photo matt, I've cut down part of the middle from the piece we "gutted" earlier. 
And distressed around the edges with the same memento Potters clay, then for some little extra stamping! 

I've used one of my favourite Kaisercraft stamps - Morocco to stamp all over the piece, it's so easy to line up for endless backgrounds! And at only £3.99 it's a cracking stamp! 

Ok for the next little bit.. Recently I've treated myself to one if the fantastic Little B punches (£29.99) ticket strip 


Cut from a lovely thick 300gsm cardstock this punch just sails through it no problem! 

Back to making more of a mess of my table! 
I've once again gone back to my trusty memento Potters clay to distress my tags and then stamp over them with the same postmarks stamp from earlier (£3.99) 

For the final pieces! 
My hot air balloon is another of the AMAZING!!! Fab scraps chipboard shapes, we just love these!
In my last project I frantaged them, this time I'm going to show you a different way to use them...
Firstly I painted it white with gesso paint, dried it with a heat gun, then stamped postmarks over the balloon and then stamped the morocco stamp over the basket. 
To give it a little more pizazz I then clear embossed the top of it and tied on a pre cut die cut tag with the same cord for extra journalling 

And that's it for today's project! 
All of these wonderful papers, stamps and chipboard shapes are available from Craftmania
If you're a retail store and would like to stock them please contact Jones Crafts 

No comments:

Post a Comment