Tuesday 17 November 2015

Jones Craft Design Team project - Sleigh ride



So today's design team project is made using the Bo Bunny Sleigh Ride collection, a wonderful winter collection! Well worth a look! 

For this project I've kept it rather simple and focused on adding a little more to the pages themselves.. Starting off with this page.. 
I've cut it down to 8x8 favouring the side with the reindeers... I've then taken my memento Potters clay ink and squeezed some out on to a tile and spritzed it with water to create my own watercolour that I've then used to paint the reindeer, I love this technique as it gives inks pads another use and saves you some pennies on buying paints and inks (means you've got more to spend in shiny papers ;) ) 

I've then distressed around the edges of the page with the same Potters clay to tone in the colours. 
For my final addition to this page I've used one of my favourite new stamp sets from Kaisercraft - 
And stamped this with the same Potters clay ink. 
Add photograph and then we move on to the back page! 

Once I had mounted my top sheet I used a quickie glue pen and iridescent glitter to the top of each snowflake, just to give the sheet a more expensive luxury feel. 

On to the tag! All this is a little block of acetate that I've punch and cut to create a tag, using a second stamp from the above set I've heat embossed it on the acetate with silver glitter embossing powder and added an adorable set of poinsettia dies from io and matching fern die, I've even sprinkled a little embossing powder over the tag to give a little more of a glitter feel to it. Attached string and glue gunned in a wave up the page to the raffia bow at the top (glue gunned on) 

I hope all of this makes sense, any questions please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments :) 

All of today's dies, stamps and papers are available at Craftmania 

If you wish to stock these products please call Jones crafts 

This page will feature as an upcoming lesson at both Craftmania Lowestoft (Suffolk) & Craftmania Great Yarmouth (Norfolk) check out - www.facebook.com/craftmaniacrafts/events for more details 






2 comments: