Thursday 21 July 2016

Design Team project - Storybook collection

Ok, so little confession... I LOVE THIS COLLECTION! 
The colours in this set just work so well together, and the theme lends itself in so many ways to a multitude of themes! This collection is one you NEED in your stash ;) 

Any ways on with today's page... So I started with cutting the book shelf off of the "read " page and foam padding it on to the base of the "paperback" page. 

I then cut the "if love was a storybook we'd meet on the very first page" from the "read" page...

The rest of this sheet is now used for your Iris folding heart! 
If you've never seen Iris folding before, it's a really effective technique that's really easy to do and a great way to use up left overs of 12x12s 
First you pick the card you wish to have your Iris folding sit behind, so for my project I used a piece of century gold card stock, embossed with a kaisercraft flourish embossing folder (£7.99) 
And cut it down slightly. 
Then print the image you wish to use, for mine I used this heart... 




The web address on the design has loads of FREE patterns! 

Cut the heart out, trace around it on the back of the card (my gold embossed bit) 
Then cut it out, don't forget you don't want the heart itself you want the frame.

Place your printed heart below the gold card (gold card face down) now cut 2cm strips from the paper you wish to use (don't forget for our project we are using the "read" page) and fold them in half (length ways) with the side facing out you wish to see... Now attach them in order shown on the heart.. With the crease pointing in to the middle, to attach them I use cellotape to attach the ends of the stripes to the back of the gold card, making sure none is visible inside the heart... Carry on until you hit the last number, then the gap in the middle stick another piece of the "read" paper over this too. 

Now for my Finishing touches... I've added a couple of dies to finish off the page... The first one I used was the view finder die that I cut from gold centura pearl and tucked behind the photo. Next up I used a branch and cut it from the "books" sheet, I also cut matching flower heads and rounded them... Then I stuck them on the branch cuts and foam padded these in to the page, adding gold gems to the centres of the flowers.

A little glimpse at the rest of this fantasic collection to tease you a little more... 

A massive thank you to Jones Crafts for supplying me with all these fantastic pages and dies to make this page :) 

All of these products are available in store at Craftmania - Great Yarmouth, Norfolk & Craftmania - Lowestoft, Suffolk - www.facebook.com/craftmaniacrafts







No comments:

Post a Comment