Tuesday 13 September 2016

A little bit of Christmas....

Recently we've been bombarded with new Christmas papers arriving in store... Mostly from them naughty people at Jones crafts who just keep importing amazing papers from around the world just so we can hoard hundreds of them... Never actually wanting to sell even a single sheet... Just in case we one day need it ;) you know what I mean... Papers can be more important than air sometimes.

I just fell for this paper the moment I see it... It was just screaming out to be glittered! 
Using a mix of irridescent & gold glitter I added as much sparkle as I thought I could get away with! 
And once I thought I could do no more.... Along come the pearls! 
Once I felt I had done as much blinging as would be accepted, I moved on to the rest of the page... 

Given the hanging nature of the baubles I really wanted to add to this theme, I used my very favourite embossing folder on acetate and cut out the middle and around the edge. 
I then used a technique that I think I may have come up with :/ I've not seen it done before but give it ago and liked the results... I used a brayer and a fast drying pva glue, I brayered over the back of the embossed acetate and sprinkled gold glitter over it, within about 20 minutes the glue dries and all you see is the glitter shine through the acetate! With these style embossing folders it sort of gives the look of intricate die cuts (without the cost!) 

I then attached the photos to the back of the frames and glue gunned on some chain to "hang" them down the front of my page.  

To cover this up I added a gold bow to the top of the frame.

On top of the frames I cut and layered some poinsettia dies, cut from parchment and added a pearl in the centre. 

This is just one of the pages that's coming up at the Craftmania Lowestoft (Suffolk) store in the next few weeks, for all the details check out the events section of the Craftmania Facebook page -
Www.facebook.com/CraftmaniaCrafts - all of the products used today are purchasable through the same page, or available in both Craftmania stores - Lowestoft, Suffolk & Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.

If you're in the trade and want to get your hands on all of these lovely products I've used to make today's project, get in contact with the lovely people at Jones crafts for more details. 




No comments:

Post a Comment